High School Pre-College Summer Program Student
Housing is guaranteed for all full-time Pre-College Summer Program Students
The full cost of summer housing for the Pre-College Summer Program students is $3,050. This includes the required $500 housing deposit. $75 of this deposit is for non-refundable housing fees, and $425 is a refundable security deposit. A $50 activity fee is included in this price.
*Prices subject to change without notice.
How to Apply
To apply to Campus Housing:
What You Need To Know about Housing for the Pre-College Program
A few things you will need to know prior to applying to Campus Housing:
- The program is an intensive scholarship art program, and is not a "Summer Camp."
- Students must be at least 16 years old to be eligible for housing during the Pre-College Summer Program. (15 year olds interested in Campus Housing are required to submit two (2) Letters of Reference. The letters must be from a school teacher and from either an employer or from a non-profit organization where the high school student has done volunteer work. These letters must be submitted for students to be considered for Campus Housing.)
- Campus housing students must maintain the behavioral and attendance requirements of the program. Residents must be currently enrolled in four (4) Pre-College classes for instruction in an academic program at the Academy of Art University. Failure to maintain student status will result in revocation of the housing License Agreement.
- Program participants are assigned to buildings specifically and exclusively used for the Pre-College Summer Program, and are supervised by on-site advisors. In addition to extra Resident Advisor coverage in the building, each building has secured access entrances, and we also provide 24-hour roving security patrol. Large residence halls have security hosts posted in the lobby
- Pre-College Summer Program residents must also abide by additional rules and regulations. The curfew for all students residing in Campus Housing for the Pre-College Summer Program is 10:00 PM every night (including July 4). All students are required and expected to have returned to their designated residence hall by 10:00 PM each night and are required to check-in with the Residence Life staff by physically surrendering their Academy ID. Students who fail to adhere to the curfew policy will be immediately removed from Housing.
- Pre-College Summer Residents will be required to have their own cell phone in order to stay in Campus Housing. Students will be required to provide a cell phone number to the Residence Life staff prior to move-in and must be available via this number to the Residence Life staff at all times.
- Overnight Absence Request Policy: All Pre-College Summer Residents are expected to spend all nights in Campus Housing for the duration of the program. Only requests for overnight absences submitted in writing (utilizing the Overnight Absence Request Form) in advance of the start date of the Pre-College Summer Program will be approved unless there are extenuating circumstances as determined by the Residence Life staff. For these pre-approved overnight absences, students must be physically signed out for the entire night by either their parent and/or guardian. A student may not return to their residence hall prior to 8:00 AM of the day after they have been pre-approved for an overnight absence. Again, failure to adhere to this policy will result in removal from Campus Housing.
Pre-College Summer Program Dates
|Summer 2013 Program Dates:
|June 21–22, 2013
|June 24, 2013
||First Day of Class
|July 4, 2013
||4th of July Holiday – No Class
|August 2, 2013
||Last Day of Class
|August 3, 2013
Campus Housing Activities Sample Schedule from 2012
For any extra information or questions regarding housing, call us at 800.544.2787, extension 6335 or email us at directly firstname.lastname@example.org.