School of Jewelry & Metal Arts
BFA Program Learning Outcomes
Effectively execute design concepts.
Demonstrate evidence of trialing and self-editing designs, as evidenced in sketchbook/notebook.
Demonstrate facility and flexibility in fine art foundations and media-specific skills.
Conceptual Development and Critical Analysis
Explore and articulate concepts, creative possibilities, and solutions within a given topic or subject.
Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of concept, execution, and refinement of a given project.
Clearly express ideas verbally and in writing.
Display work to professional presentation standards.
Demonstrate craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Manage workload to meet deadlines.
Create a coherent, original portfolio and collateral materials demonstrating personal
vision and achievement of technical proficiency in chosen medium.
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
^ back to top
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of
art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis
of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual,
oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and
contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for
art and design.
If you're interested in signing up for one of the Academy of Art University's campus tours, please
click here for more information.
Click here to view upcoming Academy events.