Continuing Art Education
Academy of Art University offers flexible continuing education programs in art and design. Whether your goals are personal or professional, the Academy’s personal enrichment programs enable you to achieve your full creative potential.
Continuing Education Programs
With courses available online and in San Francisco, Academy of Art University’s continuing education programs provide many options for pursuing a passion for art and design. Students can:
- Enroll as a part-time or full-time student
- Participate in undergraduate degree or non-degree programs
- Apply for Spring, Summer or Fall semesters
- Transfer into undergraduate programs
- Attend day, night or weekend classes
Continuing Art Education Courses*
Hands-on continuing education classes at Academy of Art University are available in all 23 art and design majors. Led by industry professionals, students get practical experience in exciting creative fields, from jewelry making and fashion design to comic book illustration and video journalism.
Enroll in open university courses in:
- Animation & Visual Effects
- Art Education
- Art History
- Fashion Journalism
- Fashion Styling
- Fine Art
- Game Design
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture & Design
- Jewelry & Metal Arts
- Landscape Architecture
- Motion Pictures & Television
- Multimedia Communications
- Music Production and Sound Design for Visual Media
- Visual Development
- Web Design & New Media
*Continuing Art Education students are not eligible to take Graduate classes.
Continuing Art Education Courses with Prerequisites
If you are interested in taking a class that has a prerequisite, contact an Admissions Representative by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800.544.2787 (US only) or 415.274.2200. Completion of a similar course or equivalent knowledge and a portfolio submission are required.
Continuing Art Education Admissions Requirements
Academy of Art University requires one of the following:
- Official, sealed copy of high school transcript or GED
- Signed Home School Program Certification form and transcripts
- California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) Letter
Get Started Today
- Request information about the Continuing Education program
- Apply to the Continuing Education program.
- View a list of classes that do not have a prerequisite.
Contact us at 800.544.2787 or Request Info.