Class Search & Catalog
Continuing Art Education
Liberal Arts Home
Graduate Liberal Arts Home
Summer Portfolio Grant
Library & Academic Support
About WASC Accreditation
2014 Summer Portfolio Grant
Academy of Art University is thrilled to announce our 2014 Summer Portfolio Grant to assist you in pursuing your dreams in art and design! We invite all eligible students to apply by completing a questionnaire, submitting a portfolio of artwork, and applying for the Summer 2014 semester.
What is the Summer Portfolio Grant?
How Do I Apply?
- A unique opportunity for new degree-seeking students starting in the Summer semester to potentially receive $1,000 - $5,000, which will be applied towards tuition for the Fall semester.
- Grant awards are determined by a selection committee, based on the submission of a Portfolio and completed Questionnaire.
- Grants are awarded to the recipient only and are not transferrable to any other semester, nor redeemable for cash. The Summer Portfolio Grant can only be applied to the Fall 2014 semester tuition costs.
- Recipients are responsible for Application, Registration and any other costs or fees related to their enrollment.
In order to be considered for the Summer Portfolio Grant, the following steps must all be completed by April 9, 2014:
- Complete the Academy of Art University Admissions Online Application for the Summer 2014 semester at https://apply.academyart.edu/apply/login.htm with the $100 non-refundable/non-deferrable application fee.
- Submit completed Summer Portfolio Grant Questionnaire.
- Submit your portfolio. Here are some guidelines:
- Your portfolio should be a representation of your best work and demonstrate your inspiration and passion as an artist.
- Your portfolio must contain a minimum of 4 pieces of your work
- Sketches, drawings, photos, film reels, etc., must be in digital format only. Physical work/samples will not be accepted.
- Your Academy of Art University student ID number is required for Portfolio submission. Please contact Admissions if you do not have this information.
Important: Failure to complete application process in its entirety by the set deadline of April 9, 2014 will result in automatic and immediate disqualification.
Timeframes and Deadlines
Eligibility Requirements – Who Can Apply?
- April 9, 2014: Deadline to apply for the 2014 Summer Portfolio Grant.
- If applying via regular mail, application must be postmarked by this date.
- Applying early is strongly encouraged.
- April 16 – 22, 2014: Selected award recipients will be notified via regular mail and email.
- April 30, 2014: Deadline for all award recipients to register for the Summer 2014 semester.
- All recipients must enroll in at least 2 classes (6 units) in the Summer semester in order to be eligible for the grant.
- Recipients must also register for Fall 2014 semester in at least 2 classes (6 units) by August 30, 2014.
- Recipients who fail to earn a passing grade in the two (2) Summer 2014 semester classes (6 units), or fail to register for Fall 2014 classes in a timely manner will immediately forfeit their Grant in full.
- All first-time incoming undergraduate students studying onsite or online.
- Must be undergraduate degree-seeking (AA, BA, BFA, 2nd BFA). NOTE: Students pursuing Personal Enrichment classes, Certificate programs or Online Award of Completion are not eligible for the Summer Portfolio Grant.
- Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience participants are encouraged to apply.
- New International Students taking classes onsite in San Francisco, please contact our International Admissions Department via phone at 415-274-2208 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be enrolled full-time for Summer 2014 semester (6 units) by April 30, 2014 and must successfully earn a passing grade of "C" or above in both classes.
- Must be enrolled for at least 2 classes for Fall 2014 semester (6 units) by August 30, 2014.
- Summer 2014 Portfolio Grant applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for Federal Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Summer 2014 semester dates: June 16 – August 6, 2014.
- Fall 2014 semester dates: September 4 – December 20, 2014.
Questions? Please contact an Admissions Representative at 800.544.2787 or 415.274.2200.
» Academy Student Turned Instructor Creates Sound Design for Visual Media
» Academy of Art University Students Benefit from Top College City in the U.S.
» Colors Magazine and Academy of Art University Celebrate Art, Creativity and Diversity