Class Search & Catalog
Continuing Art Education
Liberal Arts Home
Graduate Liberal Arts Home
Library & Academic Support
About WASC Accreditation
2013 Summer Portfolio Grant
Academy of Art University is thrilled to announce our 2013 Summer Portfolio Grant to assist you in pursuing your dreams in art and design! We invite all eligible students to apply.
- New International Students Taking Classes On Campus in San Francisco. – Contact International Admissions by phone at 415.274.2208 or by email at email@example.com.
- First-time enrolled at Academy of Art University as an undergraduate student. Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience participants are encouraged to apply.
- Must be Undergraduate degree-seeking (AA, BA, BFA, 2nd degree BFA). Personal Enrichment students, students earning a Certificate and Online Award of Completion students are not eligible for this Grant.
- Enrolled full-time for Summer 2013 semester (6 units) by May 10, 2013 and must successfully earn a passing grade of C or better in both classes
- Enrolled for at least 2 classes for Fall 2013 semester (6 units) by Fall 2013 semester registration deadline
Application Requirement Checklist
- A limited number of tuition grants are available in the range from $1,000 to $5,000 to be applied to the recipient’s Fall 2013 semester tuition costs.
- The amount of each Grant awarded is determined by the selection committee based on portfolio and questionnaire submissions.
- Recipients are responsible for application and registration fees. Any other costs or fees are the recipient's responsibility.
- Grants are for the recipient only and are not transferrable for any other semester, nor redeemable for cash. Summer 2013 Portfolio Grant can only be applied to Fall 2013 semester tuition.
Timeframes and Deadlines
- Complete the Academy of Art University Admissions Online Application at https://apply.academyart.edu/apply/login.htm with the $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit completed Summer Portfolio Grant Questionnaire.
- Submit your portfolio.
- Your Academy of Art University student ID number is required for Portfolio submission. Please contact Admissions if you do not have this required information available to you.
- Please note: Portfolio should be a representation of your best work and demonstrate your inspiration and passion as an artist.
- Portfolio must contain the following:
- Minimum of 4 pieces of your work: Sketches, drawings, photos, film reels, etc in digital format only. Any and all physical work/samples will not be accepted.
- Motion Pictures & Television and Acting students are recommended to submit film reels and/or clips (max 3 minutes) or a short screenplay (5 page scene)
- Music Production & Sound Design for Visual Media students are recommended to submit audio files (max 3 minutes)
- Failure to complete application process by set deadline of April 19, 2013, in its entirety will result in automatic and immediate disqualification.
- Applications and all other requirements will be accepted until April 19, 2013.
If applying via regular mail, application must be postmarked by this date.
- Applying early is strongly encouraged.
- April 29 – May 3, 2013: Selected award recipients will be notified via regular mail and email. No decisions regarding awards will be made prior to this date.
- May 10, 2013: Deadline for all award recipients to register for Summer 2013 semester. All recipients must register full time (6 units) for Summer classes in order to be eligible for the Grant.
- Recipients must also register for Fall 2013 semester for at least 2 classes (6 units) by the last day of Fall 2013 semester registration date.
- Recipients who fail to earn a passing grade of C or better in BOTH Summer 2013 semester classes (2 classes, 6 units) or fail to register for Fall classes in a timely manner will immediately forfeit their Grant in full.
- Summer Portfolio Grant applicants are encouraged to apply for Federal Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Summer 2013 semester dates: June 17 – August 7, 2013.
- Fall 2013 semester dates: September 5 – December 21, 2013.
Contact: Admissions Representative at 800.544.2787 or 415.274.2200.
» Academy Student Turned Instructor Creates Sound Design for Visual Media
» Academy of Art University Students Benefit from Top College City in the U.S.
» Colors Magazine and Academy of Art University Celebrate Art, Creativity and Diversity