Academy of Art University is pleased to announce the 2019 International STEAM Scholarship, which offers a limited number of awards worth up to $2,000 each to assist prospective undergraduate or graduate students on their educational journey.
International Students who need to build their art or design portfolio or improve their career path should take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity.
Ready to apply for the International STEAM Scholarship? Submit your essay and portfolio today!Learn More
- The International STEAM Scholarship will be open from June 15, 2019 to August 21st, 2019.
- A limited number of scholarships, ranging up to $2,000, are available to be applied to the recipient’s semester educational costs and will be based on the strength of the student’s application.
- The amount of each scholarship awarded is determined by the selection committee based on a short essay submission and portfolio submission.
- Recipients are responsible for the application and registration fees. Any additional costs and fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- Scholarships are for the recipient only, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferrable to any other person or semester. Specifically, 2019 International STEAM Scholarship will be applied for Spring 2020 semester.
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- The submission deadline for the essay and portfolio will be 11:59 PM on August 21st, 2019.
- Recipients must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program.
- Recipients must be new, first-time enrolled undergraduate or graduate students beginning in the Fall 2019 term.
- Recipients needs to fall under one of the following groups: a) undergraduate, degree-seeking student (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH); b) graduate degree-seeking (MA, MFA, MArch, MAT). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be an international citizen.US citizens or eligible non-citizens do not qualify.
- Recipients who for any reason are unable to maintain the requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future scholarships under this program.
- The recipient must be a registered student for Fall 2019 by the scholarship deadline to be eligible for the particular award amount.
- If a recipient cancels his or her application or registration then their award amount will be relinquished and reallocated to other eligible recipients.
- The recipient (online, on-site, and hybrid) must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the published semester start date, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed.
- The recipient must also be enrolled in at least 6 units by the subsequent semester registration deadline to be awarded the scholarship.
All submissions of student portfolio work is subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University.