Submissions for the 2018 Summer Portfolio Grant are now closed. Selected award recipients will be notified via email, and will have 2 days to reply and accept the award.
- A limited number of tuition grants, ranging up to $3,000, are available to be applied to the recipient's Fall semester educational costs. In other words, Summer Portfolio Grant applicants will receive the payout in the following semester, or Fall semester.
- The amount of each Grant awarded is determined by the selection committee based on portfolio and questionnaire submissions.
- Recipients are responsible for application and enrollment fees. Any other costs or fees are the recipient's responsibility.
- Grants are for the recipient only and are not transferrable for any other semester, nor redeemable for cash. For example, the Summer 2018 Portfolio Grant can only be applied to Fall 2018 educational costs.
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be new, first-time enrolled undergraduate students beginning in the Summer term. Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience participants are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be Undergraduate degree-seeking (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this grant.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or an eligible Non-Citizen.
- Applicants must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program.
- Applicants who for any reason are unable to maintain the strict requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future grants under this program.
- Submission deadline and student registration is June 3, 2018. (Summer classes start on June 25.)
- Selected award recipients will be notified before June 25, 2018.
- For 2018 Summer Portfolio Grant, the minimum eligibility requirements include:
- The student must be enrolled in at least 6 units for Summer 2018 semester by Saturday, June 30, 2018, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- The student must be enrolled for at least 2 classes for Fall 2018 semester (6 units) by Fall 2018 semester registration deadline, Saturday, September 15, 2018.
- If a credit balance exists due to a dropped course during the Fall 2018 semester, it will be refunded back to the University portfolio grant program
- All submissions of student portfolio work is subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University.
- Summer Portfolio Grant applicants are welcome to apply for Federal Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Contact: Admissions Representative at 800.544.2787 or 415.274.2200.