School of Visual Development
Spanning several buildings, Academy of Art University facilities offer Visual Development students the state-of-the-art equipment and resources necessary to bring their creative visions to life. This includes drawing workshops, digital media labs and drawing classrooms that are equipped with industry-standard lighting for illustration drawing and painting.
Located in San Francisco, the nexus of creative innovation, the School of Visual Development provides a training ground that is unique and inspirational.
Models & Costumes
The School of Illustration has a plethora of costumes and props used for clothed/costumed figure drawing classes taken by Visual Development students.
Drawing workshops are held throughout the semester giving students access to live models.
Visual Development students have access to the following resources found in the University’s Library:
- Numerous illustration titles
- eMacs with scanners and Photoshop
- Wide-screen DVD theater
- Print and digital stock photography and illustrations
- Over 30 Internet computers
- 300 screenplays
- 13 electronic research databases
- Online access to thousands of images
- Virtual Reference
Visual Development students have access to the following equipment found in the University’s shared Mac Lab and classrooms:
Our classrooms offer the latest in digital workstations, software and new media technology. Our MacLab is the largest such facility on the West Coast.
- iMac workstations
- Xserve servers
- Wacom Intuos drawing tablets
- Hi-res LCD projectors in all classrooms
- Epson flatbed scanners
- Nikon slide/negative scanners
- HP high-speed laser printers
- Ricoh Fiery color laser printers
- Wireless networking in all classrooms and Mac Lab Nikon D90 and D7000 SLR cameras
- M-Audio Keystation MIDI controllers
- Wireless networking in all classrooms and MacLabs
- Acrobat Pro
- After Effects
- Cinema 4D
- DVD Studio Pro
- Final Cut Pro Studio
- KeyCorrect Pro, Knoll Light Factory Pro
- Logic Pro Studio
- Magic Bullet Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Suitcase Fusion
- Trapcode Suite