Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Develop strategic elements focused on the target customer, the product/service, and the market
- Gather, assess, and apply relevant information, including historical research, to strategic work
- Use appropriate visual media, including freehand drawing, to convey essential elements
- Apply appropriate design principles to strategic and creative work
- Convey creative ideas, concepts, and brand tone through engaging and sophisticated language at each stage of the creative process
- Communicate verbally and in writing with a unique and versatile voice
- Communicate relevant objectives through the use of appealing aesthetic choices
- Think conceptually and execute projects beyond traditional advertising media
- Consider diverse points of view, and reach well-reasoned conclusions as part of the conceptual and design process
- Present a sophisticated and original portfolio to acquire a job within the industry.
- Articulate career goals and plan to achieve them
- Communicate strategic conceptual and artistic goals at a professional level
- Submit work according to professional presentation standards
- Collaborate with other members of a creative team
Specialty Skills: Creative Strategy
- Analyze social and cultural trends to identify patterns and potential implications
- Evaluate a brand’s position from multiple perspectives
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.