Undergraduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Effectively use visual media, including freehand drawing, to convey ideas and concepts throughout the creative process.
- Apply basic design principles to creative work.
- Create engaging narratives that demonstrate an understanding of the elements of storytelling: idea, structure, conflict, character, and imagery.
- Clearly and confidently present ideas in both formal and informal group settings.
- Coherently explain complex ideas in short-form, simplified writing.
- Apply strategic elements focused on the target customer, the product/ service, and the market.
- Gather, assess, and apply relevant information, including historical research, as part of the conceptual and design process.
- Communicate relevant objectives through the use of appropriate aesthetic choices.
- Think conceptually and execute projects beyond traditional advertising media.
- Generate original ideas.
- Develop ideas that can be articulated within project parameters.
- Present an original portfolio to acquire a job within the industry.
- Articulate career goals and plan to achieve them.
- Submit work according to professional presentation standards.
- Collaborate with other members of a creative team.
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.