Undergraduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Integrate objects, environments, characters, and props into a cohesive game experience
- Use appropriate media to communicate ideas throughout the design process
- Draw, design, and render forms (2D/3D) to game industry standards
- Demonstrate proficiency with technology related to contemporary game production
- Clearly and professionally present work and ideas
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Research and generate workable solutions under a deadline
- Create a concept for an interactive experience that demonstrates an understanding of game mechanics
- Produce a professional demo reel or portfolio which meets industry standards
- Work cooperatively and effectively in a professional production environment
- Identify strengths and develop a portfolio tailored to showcase them
Specialty Skills: Game Art
- Model, texture and light 3D forms in a manner that meets industry standards
- Effectively apply the principles of animation to environments, characters, or effects.
Specialty Skills: Game and Level Design
- Design, organize, and build game prototypes
- Create design documentation and detailed paper maps for a professional preproduction package
- Choreograph an interactive experience
- Effectively use visual and code-based scripting to implement game and level mechanics
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.