Undergraduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
Critical & Creative Thinking
- Identify appropriate audiences for defined problems
- Demonstrate the resourcefulness and flexibility necessary to conceive appropriate design solutions
- Develop and prototype potential design solutions for specific problems
- Create visual communications that are audience appropriate
- Develop design solutions that function within a defined context recognizing physical, cognitive, cultural and social human factors
- Create visual communications demonstrating competent formal design skills based in design principles: composition, balance, hierarchy, harmony, and contrast
- Create visual communications demonstrating competent formal design skills based in aesthetics: appropriate typography, composition and construction of meaningful imagery
- Utilize the appropriate media, materials, tools, technology, platforms, and techniques to create visual communications
- Effectively present and communicate ideas
- Demonstrate the skills necessary for chosen career path through the presentation of a satisfactory body of work
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.