Undergraduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
Research & Analysis
- Effectively conduct research to acquire the necessary information for design projects
- Analyze acquired information to determine target audience and design criteria
- Generate creative and feasible concepts for a target audience
- Apply basic industrial design principles to solve problems identified in the research and analysis phase
- Generate design proposals, targeted to the intended audience, complete with color and material choices
- Produce accurate, well composed sketches/drawings using traditional or digital tools to effectively communicate design concepts, proposals, and intentions
- Produce well crafted 3-D models (traditional or digital) complete with color and material indications
- Present design proposals reflecting the entire process of the design project
- Demonstrate graphic sensitivity in page layout, font, color, and so on…
- Produce a professional portfolio of work demonstrating their skills to a potential employer
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.