Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Produce broadcast-ready video content that adheres to professional standards
- Use and create interactive content and web designs to promote and enhance media projects
- Depending on the student's specialization: ability to present oneself on camera professionally in various kinds of scripted, live, and impromptu settings in the studio and on location; or, the ability to direct on camera talent in the studio and on location.
- Identify, research, and evaluate relevant information as appropriate to chosen media specialty.
- Apply creative business and technological solutions for formatting, distributing, and marketing content across all major media platforms
- Apply creative business strategies in the presentation and promotion of projects.
- Discuss, analyze, and forecast media trends, and use data and information to support media forecasts.
Written and Oral Communication
- Develop scripts, features, articles and other written content for in-depth and continuous coverage of a media specialty.
- Demonstrate mastery of various types of interview techniques appropriate to a target audience or media genre.
- Develop sophisticated concepts for a media project and to professionally pitch these ideas.
- Rapidly visualize story ideas in the pre-production stage, for individual projects and larger-scale projects or series.
- Apply advanced design principles to various types of video, print, and interactive media.
- Produce a professional reel to acquire a job within the media industry or corporate environment
- Meet deadlines and submit work according to professional presentation standards.
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.