Undergraduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
Production Skills and Technical Knowledge
- Produce broadcast-ready video and audio content (including recording on location and in the studio, editing, and creating basic media graphics)
- Generate interactive content and basic web designs
- Format and distribute content across all major media platforms
- Identify, gather, assess, record, and research relevant information for a story
- Formulate precise questions, consider diverse points of view, and research opportunities as part of the interview and investigation process
- Discuss and analyze media trends
- Develop unique, original story ideas
Written and Oral Communication
- Develop scripts, features, articles and other written content for media coverage in various platforms
- Perform professionally, including hosting and reporting on camera and microphone, or direct on-air talent to do the same
- Communicate concepts and ideas for a media project using industry terminology, both verbally and in writing
- Rapidly visualize story ideas in the pre-production and production stage
- Apply basic design principles to various types of video, print, and interactive media
- Produce a professional reel to acquire a job within the media industry or corporate environment
- Meet deadlines and submit work according to professional presentation standards
- Produce content demonstrating specialized knowledge in a specific area of the media, such as art, design, news, entertainment, fashion, or sports
- Identify strengths and tailor portfolio to showcase them
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.