School of Fashion
Master of Arts (MA) Degree in Fashion Journalism Program Learning Outcomes
MA Thesis Project
- Present an original thesis concept worthy of the MA degree
- Demonstrate the feasibility of their thesis project
- Research, plan, and write a thesis consisting of one of the following: a series of three to five feature articles for print or online publication; a functioning fashion website; three to five test shoots exploring a particular genre or set of styles, demonstrating basics of styling; or a project that converges two or more of the above categories
- Apply basic design principles to creative work
Verbal and Written Communication
- Write compelling material for print, online, or broadcast media
- Clearly convey ideas and concepts using specific fashion industry language
- Effectively pitch ideas
- Conduct effective interviews
- Develop both a personal voice and the ability to adapt voice to fit a variety of print/online publications
- Conduct in-depth research to develop material for print, online, or broadcast media
- Demonstrate ability to undertake editorial "packages", combining various journalistic features
- Collaborate effectively to produce creative projects
- Create a relevant and original portfolio
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
^ back to top
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.
If you're interested in signing up for one of the Academy of Art University's campus tours, please click here for more information.
Click here to view upcoming Academy events.