Academy of Art University is excited to announce our new “Housing Short Stay Program,” which provides housing options for the Spring 2021 semester. Beginning in March and running through May, Academy students can stay from one to three months at The Commodore, our beautiful student residence hall at 825 Sutter St. in San Francisco.
Whether you are looking for a creative environment with access to high-end technology and facilities or a private space to focus on your education and creative career path, this is your opportunity to take advantage of our new flexible short stay housing plan.
Get inspired by the diverse culture and community in San Francisco and enhance your creative perspective without committing to an entire term housing plan.
For more information, speak to your academic adviser or contact the housing department.
Academy of Art University Housing Department
Spring 2021 Housing Short Stay Program
- Room: Students will be assigned to a double room with a full bathroom, with no roommate at The Commodore Hall (825 Sutter St).
- $1475/month, $75 deposit
- The program is available for the months of March, April, and/or May.
- Students can stay for one month or three months if they choose to.
- The program is offered on a monthly basis. Students are responsible for the payment for the full month even if they don’t stay for a full month.
- Meal plan is not required for students in the short stay program, however, residents may purchase meals and groceries from Sodexo.
- To be eligible for this program, students must be enrolled in at least one course in the 2021 Spring Semester.
- Visit our Reservation System to explore the available labs, studios, and other facilities to reserve your spot.
Mandatory travel quarantine
[Updated 2/25/2021] On February 23, 2021, the Department of Public Health lifted the mandatory travel quarantine. People traveling from outside California are still strongly recommended to quarantine for 10 days.
The City and County of San Francisco has instituted a 10-day mandatory travel quarantine for anyone who has traveled outside of the 10 Bay Area Counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, San Mateo, Solano, and Sonoma) within the past 10 days.
Residents arriving from outside of the 10 Bay Area counties above must quarantine in their room for 10 days upon arrival to San Francisco. Residents with or without a meal plan can purchase food for delivery from the Academy of Art University Dining Services via the links below during quarantine and after.
- 620 Sutter Dining Hall: https://620cafe.nextepsystems.com/
- 860 Sutter Dining Hall: https://ihousecafe.nextepsystems.com/
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! Speak to your academic adviser or contact the housing department to reserve your spot today.