Pre-College Art Experience: Summer
- Six-week intensive program offers up to four classes either online or onsite in San Francisco.
- Note: Students staying in Campus Housing must take four on campus classes (Only available in Summer). Additional fees apply.
- Get a glimpse into college life, meet other young artists and explore a variety of art & design fields.
- Non-refundable/non-transferable $525 processing fee for Summer semester
- Students must be entering high school sophomore, junior or senior year in the Fall.
- Please see below for additional details on campus housing and student activities
- Find out how Online Classes work here.
Students may only change their schedule during the first week of classes. Schedule changes received after that will not be accommodated.
Students are responsible for exchanging any supplies needed.
Pre-College Summer Program Dates
*(Mandatory for all new onsite students NOT staying in Campus Housing. Campus Housing will have a separate Orientation)
|Summer 2014 Program Dates:
|June 14, 2014
||Last Day to Apply
|June 14, 2014*
||PCAE Prep Day*
|June 23, 2014
||First Day of Class
|August 1, 2014
||Last Day of Class
|August 2, 2014
A few things you will need to know prior to applying to Campus Housing for the Pre-College Art Experience Summer Program:
- The program is an intensive scholarship art program, and is not a "Summer Camp."
- Students must be at least 16 years old to be eligible for housing during the Summer Program. (15-year-olds interested in Campus Housing are required to submit two (2) Letters of Reference. The letters must be from a school teacher and from either an employer or from a non-profit organization where the high school student has done volunteer work. These letters must be submitted for students to be considered for Campus Housing.)
- Campus housing students must maintain the behavioral and attendance requirements of the program. Residents must be currently enrolled in four (4) Pre-College onsite classes for instruction in an academic program at Academy of Art University. Failure to maintain student status will result in revocation of the housing License Agreement.
- Program participants are assigned to buildings specifically and exclusively used for the Pre-College Summer Program, and are supervised by on-site advisors. In addition to extra Resident Advisor coverage in the building, each building has secured access entrances, and we also provide 24-hour roving security patrol. Large residence halls have security hosts posted in the lobby
- Summer Program residents must also abide by additional rules and regulations. The curfew for all students residing in Campus Housing for the Summer Program is 10:00 PM every night (including July 4). All students are required and expected to have returned to their designated residence hall by 10:00 PM each night and are required to check-in with the Residence Life staff by physically surrendering their Academy ID. Students who fail to adhere to the curfew policy will be immediately removed from Housing.
- Pre-College Summer Residents will be required to have their own cell phone in order to stay in Campus Housing. Students will be required to provide a cell phone number to the Residence Life staff prior to move-in and must be available via this number to the Residence Life staff at all times.
- Overnight Absence Request Policy: All Pre-College Summer Residents are expected to spend all nights in Campus Housing for the duration of the program. Only requests for overnight absences submitted in writing (utilizing the Overnight Absence Request Form) in advance of the start date of the Pre-College Summer Program will be approved unless there are extenuating circumstances as determined by the Residence Life staff. For these pre-approved overnight absences, students must be physically signed out for the entire night by either their parent and/or guardian. A student may not return to their residence hall prior to 8:00 AM of the day after they have been pre-approved for an overnight absence. Again, failure to adhere to this policy will result in removal from Campus Housing.
- International Students may participate in onsite Summer Pre-College Art Experience and stay in Academy onsite housing. It is mandatory that these participants have proof of United States health insurance, prior to their move-in date. Also, participants must have mastery of the English language in order to participate.
To apply for Campus Housing:
Campus Activities & Special Events
- Chaperoned recreational, cultural, and community oriented activities
- Additional information and pricing is included in the housing registration packet.
< back to top
More Information: For more information about the Pre-College Programs, please contact a Pre-College Advisor by calling 800.544.2787.