How long will my onsite classes be meeting online?
- Onsite classes will be meeting online beginning Wednesday March11th. Onsite all resume Monday March 30th.Onsite classes will continue to meet remotely till the end of the spring semester.
How do I log into my onsite class during this time?
- You will find step by step instructions on how to log into your onsite classes, which will be live by
6PM on Monday March 9th
Can I remain in the dorms? What about meal plans?
- Yes. Campus housing and dining halls will remain open as usual. You can call the following number with questions about the Residential Halls: 415-618-6335. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Academy buses be running?
- Yes. Limited bus service will be provided. Schedules will be posted in the dorm lobbies as usual.
What if I need to remain in on-campus housing over spring break?
- You may request to remain in on-campus housing over Spring Break. Please notify Campus Housing at 415-618-6335 or email email@example.com
What is my responsibility as a student?
During this time, it is your responsibility to:
- Attend your classes online, as instructed
- Check the LMS daily for Announcements
- Check your Academy of Art email daily for updates
- We are also asking you to subscribe immediately to the Academy of Art text notification system. To enroll, text EZARTU to 313131.
- Note: check your LMS profile and make sure your email and phone number are up to date so that we have a way to reach you.
I’m sick. Will I be penalized if I don’t attend class?
- If you feel ill, please do not come to class. Stay home and if necessary, seek medical care.
- You should notify your professors if you are unable to attend class.
- Your absence will be excused, but you are responsible for completing the homework once you feel better.
I’m worried I might be sick with the flu or coronavirus. What should I do?
- If you or someone you know has flu-like symptoms, contact your healthcare provider with any questions.
Where can I find the latest information and reliable advice about COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
If you have any questions, you can contact us on our Hotline: 877-412-2787 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following public health resources may be useful to you and answer many frequently asked questions:
Should I wear a mask?
- The CDC does not currently recommend the use of face masks among the general public. If you have a mask already it is your choice whether to wear it.
Are special cleaning products or procedures needed?
- Academy of Art University follows standard procedures for routine cleaning and disinfecting, including daily disinfecting of surfaces and objects that are frequently touched. The EPA has identified a number of disinfectantsfor use against the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and Academy of Art University has put the recommended products into service.
I have recently travelled to an affected area or have had contact with someone who may have COVID-19 and now I have have respiratory symptoms. What should I do?
If you were in an affected area in the last 14 days and feel sick with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, do the following:
- Seek medical advice. Call before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room and tell them about your recent travel and symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others. Do not travel while sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
What about on-campus events during this period?
- Campus events are being suspended until after Spring Break.
What about AAU Athletic events?
- We are continuing our NCAA Division II athletic events, which will be live-streamed as usual (artuathletics.com/live). As a precaution, fans will not be allowed to attend the games in person during this period.
Will I be able to access on campus labs and workshops between Wednesday March 11th and Sunday March 29th
- No. Onsite Academy of Art University buildings will not be available to students and staff from Wednesday March 11th – Sunday March 29th.
What if I need to contact my advisor, financial aid, etc?
- The university will be conducting business as normal and staff will be telecommuting. Staff will respond to email and phone calls as usual.