How long will my onsite classes be meeting online?
- Onsite classes will be meeting online beginning Wednesday March11th. Onsite classes will continue to meet remotely till the end of the spring semester.
How do I log into my onsite class during this time?
- You will find step by step instructions on how to log into your onsite classes, which will be live by
6PM on Monday March 9th
Can I remain in the dorms? What about meal plans?
- Yes. Campus housing and dining halls will remain open as usual. You can call the following number with questions about the Residential Halls: 415-618-6335. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Academy buses be running?
- Yes. Limited bus service will be provided. Schedules will be posted in the dorm lobbies as usual.
What if I need to remain in on-campus housing over spring break?
- You may request to remain in on-campus housing over Spring Break. Please notify Campus Housing at 415-618-6335 or email email@example.com
What is my responsibility as a student?
During this time, it is your responsibility to:
- Attend your classes online, as instructed
- Check the LMS daily for Announcements
- Check your Academy of Art email daily for updates
- We are also asking you to subscribe immediately to the Academy of Art text notification system. To enroll, text EZARTU to 313131.
- Note: check your LMS profile and make sure your email and phone number are up to date so that we have a way to reach you.
I’m sick. Will I be penalized if I don’t attend class?
- If you feel ill, please do not come to class. Stay home and if necessary, seek medical care.
- You should notify your professors if you are unable to attend class.
- Your absence will be excused, but you are responsible for completing the homework once you feel better.
I’m worried I might be sick with the flu or coronavirus. What should I do?
- If you or someone you know has flu-like symptoms, contact your healthcare provider with any questions.
Where can I find the latest information and reliable advice about COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
If you have any questions, you can contact us on our Hotline: 877-412-2787 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following public health resources may be useful to you and answer many frequently asked questions:
Should I wear a mask?
- In light of new data about how COVID-19 spreads, along with evidence of widespread COVID-19 illness in communities across the country, CDC recommends that people wear a cloth face covering to cover their nose and mouth in the community setting. This is to protect people around you if you are infected but do not have symptoms. Read more information here.
Are special cleaning products or procedures needed?
- Academy of Art University follows standard procedures for routine cleaning and disinfecting, including daily disinfecting of surfaces and objects that are frequently touched. The EPA has identified a number of disinfectantsfor use against the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and Academy of Art University has put the recommended products into service.
I have recently travelled to an affected area or have had contact with someone who may have COVID-19 and now I have have respiratory symptoms. What should I do?
If you were in an affected area in the last 14 days and feel sick with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, do the following:
- Seek medical advice. Call before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room and tell them about your recent travel and symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others. Do not travel while sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
What about on-campus events during this period?
- Campus events are being suspended until after Spring Break. But please look for our virtual events on the Campus Life & Athletics page.
What about AAU Athletic events?
- We are continuing our NCAA Division II athletic events, which will be live-streamed as usual (artuathletics.com/live). As a precaution, fans will not be allowed to attend the games in person during this period.
Will I be able to access on campus labs and workshops between Wednesday March 11th and Sunday March 29th
- No. Onsite Academy of Art University buildings will not be available to students and staff from Wednesday March 11th – Sunday March 29th.
What if I need to contact my advisor, financial aid, etc?
- The university will be conducting business as normal and staff will be telecommuting. Staff will respond to email and phone calls as usual.