Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
MFA Thesis Project
- Plan a portfolio of works directed towards legitimate markets
- Produce a professional-level portfolio consisting of 15 works directed towards legitimate markets
- Demonstrate the skills necessary in the chosen medium or mediums to successfully complete their thesis project
- Create compelling images
- Maintain a consistent “language” or “signature style”
Research and Conceptualization Skills
- Clearly identify their audience
- Conduct research for reference
- Professionally present and discuss their work with a review committee.
- Develop both digital and print materials to market themselves and their work
- Demonstrate an understanding of current trends and visual industry standards by describing how their work will address a specific market
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.