The application process for international students wishing to attend Academy of Art University can be completed in three steps. Please refer to the information on this page and speak with our international admissions representatives for questions and help.
How to Apply: International Students
Incoming international students can apply online here or by downloading either the International Undergraduate Form or the International Graduate Form and printing an application and mailing it to: Academy of Art University Attn: International Admissions 79 New Montgomery St. San Francisco, CA 94105 Or fax your application to 415-618-6278
Pay the $150 Application Fee*
- Payment via Flywire. To begin the payment process, visit AcademyArt.Flywire.com
- Check or money order made payable to “Academy of Art University”
- Visa, Mastercard, and Discover credit cards
*The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Pay the $300 International Student Services Fee*
*Onsite students only. The international student fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Pay the $50 Registration Fee*
*The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Things You’ll Need...
- Official high school transcripts and diploma
- College transcripts (if applicable) must show the classes/subjects, grades, credits, and number of hours completed for each class
Art Portfolio/Demo Reel
- Undergraduate Applicants: An art portfolio is not required for admission, but it will help the admission process
- Graduate Applicants: An art portfolio in your chosen discipline is required with detailed descriptions for all international graduate school applicants
Official Bank Letter
A letter or certificate from your bank in English showing a minimum balance of $37,600 USD *Financial aid is not available for international students, and students should not depend on employment in the United States for financial support while attending the Academy.
TOEFL or IELTS Score
- You may submit your application for admissions before taking the test.
- More information available online:
- Our institutional code for TOEFL is 4207; we do not require these scores and do not have a minimum score requirement. You will, however, be evaluated for your English language proficiency upon your arrival.
If your transcripts are not in English, they must be translated and notarized. Some may also require an evaluation to determine US equivalency. Agencies that can help for a fee:
For more information, contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.