Steps to Take Once You've Been Accepted

As a nonimmigrant International Student at the Academy, you will need an F-1 visa (Student Visa) to enter and remain in the United States. Find out more about acquiring an F-1 below. 

In order to apply for your F-1, you will need to have received your Form I-20, from the Academy, (Certification of Eligibility for F-1 Student Status for Academic and Language Students).

Next Steps


Step 1: I-20 in approx. X days


Step 2: When you receive your I-20


Step 3: Pay the Sevis I-901 Fee


Step 4: Obtain F-1 Student Visa


Step 7: Register for classes


Step 8: Bringing spouse or unmarried children under 21

Student Visas

We recommend that you visit the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country to learn how to apply for a student visa, and how to make an appointment for a visa interview in your home country. For additional information about studying in the U.S., obtaining an F-1 visa, entering the U.S. and maintaining your F-1 visa status, please visit:

Academy of Art University Search Search Search Previous Next Previous Next Next Next Chat Quote Facebook Google Plus Instagram Pinterest Twitter YouTube LinkedIn TikTok WeHeartIt Download App Close