Submissions for the 2019 Portfolio Grant are now closed. Selected award recipients will be notified via email or phone.
Academy of Art University is pleased to announce the 2019 Portfolio Grant, which offers a limited number of awards worth up to $3,000 each to assist aspiring artists and designers for Summer and Fall terms. High school students, working adults seeking a career upgrade, and current college students looking to transfer should take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity.
- The Portfolio Grant will be open from December 15, 2018 to August 15, 2019.
- A limited number of tuition grants, ranging up to $3,000, are available to be applied to the recipient’s semester educational costs.
- The amount of each scholarship awarded is determined by the selection committee based on a short essay and portfolio submission.
- Recipients are responsible for the application and registration fees. Any additional costs and fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- Scholarships are for the recipient only, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferrable to any other person or semester. Specifically, 2019 Portfolio Grant can only be applied to subsequent semester tuition, whether that be Fall 2019 or Spring 2020.
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- The monthly submission deadlines for the essay and portfolio will be 11:59 PM on the 15th of each month until funds are no longer available.
- January 15th, 2019
- February 15th, 2019
- March 15th, 2019
- April 15th, 2019
- May 15th, 2019
- June 15th, 2019
- July 15th, 2019
- August 15th, 2019
- Recipients must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program.
- Recipients must be new, first-time enrolled undergraduate students beginning in the Summer or Fall 2019 term. Final deadline for Summer 2019 students is June 15, 2019. Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience participants are encouraged to apply.
- Recipients must be undergraduate, degree-seeking student (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Recipients who for any reason are unable to maintain the requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future scholarships under this program.
- The recipient must be a registered student for either Summer or Fall 2019 at the time of the monthly scholarship deadline to be eligible for that particular award period. If the recipient is not a registered student by the aforementioned deadline then their submission will be rolled over to the following period until all requirements are completed or the Portfolio Grant is out of funds (whichever comes first).
- If a recipient cancels his or her registration then their award amount will be relinquished and reallocated to other eligible recipients.
- The recipient (online, on-site, and hybrid) must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the published semester start date, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed.
- The recipient must also be enrolled in at least 6 units by the subsequent semester registration deadline to be awarded the scholarship.
All submissions are subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University. To apply, visit our online Admissions Application.
- Portfolio Grant applicants are welcome to apply for Federal Financial Aid.
- All submissions of student portfolio work is subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University.
Contact: Admissions Representative at 800-544-2787 or 415-274-2200.