The STEAM Program Scholarship is designed to encourage and develop future domestic students seeking careers in science, technology, engineering, art and math.
- Applicable only to students starting Fall 2018.
- A limited number of scholarships, ranging up to $6,000, are available per program.
- The amount of each scholarship awarded is determined by the selection committee based on portfolio and questionnaire submissions.
- The scholarship amount awarded will be disbursed throughout the student’s academic year, divided equally between 3 semesters as applicable. Must be used in consecutive semesters (Fall, Spring, and Summer) in order to be fully disbursed.
- Student may use the STEAM Program Scholarship on top of other grants or scholarships that may be awarded.
- Recipients are responsible for application and enrollment fees. Any other costs or fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- This scholarship is for the recipient only and not redeemable for cash. It may only be applied toward educational costs.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be new, first-time enrolled undergraduate students beginning in the Fall term. Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience participants are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be Undergraduate degree-seeking (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or an eligible Non-Citizen.
- Applicants must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program.
- Applicants must have met the entrance requirements for the desired Academy of Art University campus degree program.
- Applicants who for any reason are unable to maintain the strict requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future scholarships under this program.
- Submission deadline and student registration is August 19, 2018. (Fall classes start on September 6th.)
- A change of degree program, interruption of training, or withdrawal may result in cancellation of scholarship award and disbursement. Student understands that a change of student status may impact eligibility.
- Applicants who delay their start date may forfeit eligibility.
- For the STEAM Program Scholarship, the proposed minimum eligibility requirements include:
- The online student must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes for Fall 2018 semester (6 units) by Saturday, September 15, 2018, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed
- The on-site and hybrid student must be enrolled in at least 4 classes for Fall 2018 semester (12 units) by Saturday, September 15, 2018, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 12 units completed
- The student must still be enrolled in at least 6 units for the subsequent Spring and Summer 2019 semesters by the published semester registration deadline
All submissions of student portfolio work is subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University.