- Minimum grade of C- in all major coursework, minor courses, and LA 108 Composition for the Artist
- Minimum 2.5 GPA and the following general education requirements:
- 3 Written Communication courses
- 3 Art Historical Awareness courses
- 1 Comparative Art History course
- 1 U.S. Constitution course
- 1 Quantitative Literacy course
A minimum grade of B- is required in the following courses to remain on Track 1 for the Art Teaching Credential:
The School of Art Education’s Art and Design Core Curriculum was chosen to insure that each art education student would be skilled in the five processes taught in a typical k-12 classroom: drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking and computer generated art.
At the mid-point portfolio review, the student and the Director will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the presented artwork. Together they will plan a course of study for the second half of their BFA. 3 courses will be chosen to improve the skill level of the student’s weaker areas and four courses will be chosen to build on the student’s artistic strengths to create a well-developed body of work representing both breadth and depth of skill.