Undergraduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
Music and Sound Design
- Design sound or music which supports the emotional content of the visual image
- Construct effective sound or music for different visual environments such as film, television, animation, games and commercials
- Demonstrate heightened listening skills and identify key musical or sound components
- Demonstrate proficiency with software related to contemporary sound or music production techniques
- Demonstrate proficiency with audio recording techniques, editing, and mixing
- Produce work in a modeled professional environment, with a broad understanding of the sound/music post production workflow
- Create a compelling demo reel that demonstrates professional level competency
- Think critically and demonstrate flexibility in creating or editing music or sound for client needs
Composition (Composers Only)
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the language of music: harmony, melody and rhythm
- Analyze dramatic scoring and compose film music in the style of selected historical periods and genres
- Orchestrate and arrange music
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.