School of Web Design & New Media
BFA Program Learning Outcomes
The School of Web Design & New Media provides in depth study of web & interactive design, visual design for new media, motion graphics, font design, audio creation and video production. The program emphasizes a professional, multidisciplinary approach to design and problem-solving. Utilizing the most current design technologies and best industry practices, execution of concept is stressed during the creation and production of multifaceted projects. Graduates will enter the field armed with professional interactive portfolios demonstrating their design expertise in integrated design solutions.
BFA graduates of the School of Web Design & New Media will meet the following student performance criteria:
Apply the basic principles of composition and implement grid systems in layouts
Make typographic choices that effectively communicate information hierarchy
Demonstrate effective use of color and imagery
Conduct and apply research to generate design solutions targeted to the intended audience
Diagram the user experience
Produce a consistent experience across communication mediums
Demonstrate proficiency in industry standard tools and applications in content/concept delivery
Format content to optimize visual communication across mediums
Demonstrate coding skills by building fully functional products and prototypes that simulate the intended interactive experience
Develop and demonstrate the skills required for their chosen professional path, as demonstrated by an interactive portfolio and identity system
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
^ back to top
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of
art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis
of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual,
oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and
contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for
art and design.
If you're interested in signing up for one of the Academy of Art University's campus tours, please
click here for more information.
Click here to view upcoming Academy events.