School of Web Design & New Media
MFA Program Learning Outcomes
The objective of the Web Design & New Media graduate program is to transform students into creative leaders and visionaries. The program provides instruction in digital tools, concept development, research, critical thinking, aesthetics and user experience. Students apply these skills to design innovative interactive designs for mobile and web. The program culminates in a thesis project that demonstrates critical thinking and design skills, clear delivery to a target audience, innovative access of information and creative use of interactivity. Students will enter the field well equipped with a portfolio that meets the demands of the industry.
MFA graduates of the School of Web Design & New Media will meet the following student performance criteria:
No Program Learning Outcome is available.
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
^ back to top
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of
art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis
of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual,
oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and
contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for
art and design.
If you're interested in signing up for one of the Academy of Art University's campus tours, please
click here for more information.
Click here to view upcoming Academy events.