Undergraduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Deliver cohesive performances that demonstrate technical proficiency in acting
- Deliver performance on an appropriate scale for both theater and film
- Analyze and act on the key story and character elements of each script in order to build a fully-realized performance
- Behave truthfully under imagined circumstances, as defined by the script
- Listen and respond to other actors reflexively and organically in the working environment
- Effectively convey the subtext of a scene
- Play a variety of actions in pursuit of an objective
- Exhibit flexibility and range as an actor, including the ability to adjust and improve their performance based on the notes they are given
- Make effective physical choices for each role, activating the entire body as an expressive instrument
- Project appropriately for the performance medium
- Clearly enunciate their lines for clear communication
- Spontaneously develop a character, story or situation through improvisation
- Assemble a resume, headshot and/or reel suitable for seeking opportunities within the acting profession
- Demonstrate professionalism and a strong work ethic through effective preparation, punctuality, and reliability
- Demonstrate collaborative skills required by the professional work environment and make positive contributions to the creative process
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.