The following military and veteran benefits are processed for eligible students by the Academy of Art University.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Transfer of Post-9/11 Benefits to Dependents
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
- Edith Nourse Rogers STEM Scholarship
- Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Veteran Readiness & Employment (Chpater 31)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
- Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Military Tuition Assistance
- MyCAA: The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program
Access the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website at the link below to determine if you may be eligible for VA education benefits.
Access the VA website at the link below to apply for VA education benefits.
The VA determines benefit and chapter eligibility. If you have any questions regarding your VA education benefit eligibility, contact the VA directly at 1-888-442-4551.
The designated point of contact at the Academy of Art University for questions regarding VA benefit processing is the Financial Aid Representatives. If you have any questions about the processing of your VA benefits at Academy of Art University, contact your assigned Financial Aid Representative or 1-415-618-6451.
Active and reserve military members should speak with their assigned educational services officer (ESO) on their assigned military installation for information regarding military education benefits. Please visit our Tuition Assistance section for additional details.
VA Education Benefit Eligibility Documentation
Submit one of the following documents to the Documents section of the Student Portal to confirm VA benefit eligibility and request VA benefit processing. Use the Certificate of Eligibility/Statement of Benefits document type.
- All pages of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) dated within 6 months of submission date
- If you are receiving Chapter 35 Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) benefits and the COE does not include the sponsor’s social security number, provide the sponsor’s social security number in a signed statement.
- Access the VA link below to request a replacement Certificate of Eligibility.
- Statement of Benefits dated within 6 months of submission date
- If the Statement of Benefits is provided and you are the veteran, also provide your DD214.
- Access the VA link below to retrieve your Statement of Benefits.
If you are approved for Veterans Readiness & Employment Chapter 31 benefits, your VR&E Counselor will submit an electronic purchase order authorization directly to Academy of Art University to confirm your eligibility.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Academy of Arts University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. For students using Chapter 33 benefits, the Yellow Ribbon Program pays for tuition and eligible fees that exceed the annual Academic Year Chapter 33 maximum. 50% of the Yellow Ribbon funding is provided by the VA and 50% of the Yellow Ribbon funding is provided by Academy of Arts University.
Access the VA website at the link below for more details regarding the Yellow Ribbon Program.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.