The Military Scholarship provides U.S. service members (Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, and Coast Guard) who are utilizing military Tuition Assistance an opportunity to start preparing for a career in art and design. This scholarship applies toward degree-seeking courses.
- The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and inspire transitioning service members to become future artists and designers.
- The program provides a tuition scholarship to first-time students for:
- Up to two courses per semester (maximum of 6 total units per semester)
- 12 total units maximum
- Up to the first four consecutive semesters or until the award is granted for the maximum units, whichever occurs first.
- Summer semester attendance is optional. If the student does not attend summer semester and consecutively attends fall/spring semesters, Military Scholarship eligibility is not impacted.
- The cost of tuition is $250.00 per unit after the Military Scholarship is applied.
- Military Tuition Assistance typically pays $250.00 per unit.
- Exception: If the student has partial military Tuition Assistance eligibility for a course, the student is responsible for paying the portion of the $250.00 cost per unit that will not be paid by military Tuition Assistance.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- This scholarship is open to all U.S. service members (Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, and Coast Guard) who are utilizing military Tuition Assistance.
- The Academy of Art Military Scholarship must be utilized in conjunction with military Tuition Assistance and the Military Scholarship will not be applied towards courses that are not eligible for military Tuition Assistance.
- All Military Scholarship recipients must submit a copy of their military Tuition Assistance authorization form for each course.
- Withdrawal from any Military Scholarship course will result in forfeiture of the scholarship for that course and will require the payment of full tuition for the specified course.
- Students who are using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits are not eligible for the Military Scholarship.
View academic course offerings or call 1-800-544-8551 to speak with a Military Admissions Representative.