Submissions for the Hillsborough Restore & Create Scholarship are now closed. Selected award recipients will be notified via email or phone no later than Friday, July 13th, 2018.
For 63 consecutive years, The Hillsborough Concours D’Elegance has built and maintained a proud tradition of honoring and celebrating excellence in automotive design and engineering. The dedication of the Concours leadership and volunteers, pride of its entrants, and devotion of its attendees has earned Hillsborough the proud record as the longest continually running Concours in the world.
Similar to the Academy, Hillsborough Concours D’Elegance believes in building a strong foundation for the future of automotive transportation. This means we want to recruit the best and brightest in the field of automotive restoration and design.
That’s why we’re offering the first-of-its-kind scholarship this summer.
Interested applicants for the Hillsborough Restore & Create Scholarship can enter by doing one of the following:
- Submit artwork of a “before and after” automotive restoration project OR transportation concept idea that you’ve completed. Additionally, include no more than a one-page (600 word count maximum) explanation of your work and why you feel that you deserve this scholarship. Feel free to get creative!
- Submit a short video (1:00 minute maximum) of yourself talking about an automotive restoration project or transportation concept idea that you’ve completed. Make sure to show us images and tell us why you feel that you deserve this scholarship! Submissions will only be accepted via YouTube link.
Requirements: (16:9 aspect ratio 19.2 by 10.8 inches by 180 dpi) Acceptable formats are PDF and .jpeg images.
- Applicable only to students starting Fall 2018 and enrolling in the School of Industrial Design.
- One tuition grant of $6,000, is available to be applied to the recipient’s Spring 2019 semester tuition costs only.
- The winner of the Hillsborough Restore & Create Scholarship 2018 will be determined based on design submissions by a selection committee after the submission deadline of July 7th, 2018.
- The recipient is responsible for additional application and enrollment fees. Any other costs or fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- The Hillsborough Restore & Create Scholarship is for the recipient only and is not transferrable for any other semester, nor redeemable for cash. For example, the Hillsborough Restore and Create Scholarship can only be applied to Spring 2019 educational costs.
- This scholarship is for the recipient only and not redeemable for cash. It may only be applied toward tuition expenses.
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- Submission deadline is July 7th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- An applicant must be new, first-time enrolled undergraduate student beginning in the Fall 2018 term. Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience participants are encouraged to apply.
- An applicant must be Undergraduate degree-seeking (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this grant.
- An applicant must be a US Citizen or an eligible Non-Citizen.
- An applicant must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program.
- An applicant who for any reason are unable to maintain the strict requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future grants under this program.
- The top three finalists will be notified by e-mail or phone no later than Friday, July 13th, 2018. They are invited to attend the Concours D’Elegance on July 15th where their work will be showcased. All travel, lodging, entrance fees, and expenses are solely the responsibility of the finalists.
- For the Hillsborough Restore & Create Scholarship, the minimum eligibility requirements include: An applicant must be enrolled for at least 4 classes for Fall 2018 semester (12 units) by Fall 2018 semester registration deadline, Saturday, September 15th, 2018, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- The student must still be enrolled in at least 6 units for the subsequent Spring 2019 semester by the published semester registration deadline.
- All submissions of applicant work is subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University.
- Hillsborough Restore & Create Scholarship applicants are also welcome to apply for Federal Financial Aid.