Undergraduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
Research and Concept Development
- Select concepts appropriate for the market and customer, building on analysis of design and market research.
- Generate ideas that are coherently related to the chosen concept as well as to one another.
Visual Presentation Skills
- Create professional and organized presentations that reflect an individual/personal style.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in pinning, steaming, folding and propping fashion products
- Demonstrate basic skills in photography, composition, lighting, make-up artistry and hair styling
Verbal and Written Presentation Skills
- Clearly express their ideas utilizing fashion industry vocabulary.
- Competently pitch their ideas
- Intelligently discuss major fashion movements and the work of key stylists, designers, photographers, and magazines
- Design the visual aesthetic of pictures for fashion photo shoots, including: clothes, accessories, backdrops, props, photographic styles, location, hair, make-up, and models
- Manage production for commercial or fashion editorial photo shoots: crew, contracts, permits, transportation, catering, equipment
- Assemble and coordinate creative teams for photo shoots, and conduct casting of models
- Work effectively in a team
- Assemble a network of vendors and showrooms to source for clothes, accessories, and props
- Create a relevant and original portfolio and collateral materials which can be used to market themselves to the industry
Academy of Art University Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Academy of Art University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.