Prospective Military & Veteran Students

To use your VA education benefits at Academy of Art University, we need a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for education benefits. If you have never used your VA education benefits, you need to apply with the VA to use your benefits.

See the VA forms below for more info.


Form NumberForm NameWho Needs it?
22-1990Application for VA Education Benefits• Chapter 30, 1607, or 1606
• Chapter 33-Post 9/11 GI Bill®
• Never collected benefits
22-1995Request For Change of Program or Place of Training• Chapter 30, 33, 1607, or 1606
• Collected benefits before
22-5490Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance• Chapter 35
• Never collected benefits
22-5495Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance• Chapter 35
• Collected benefits before
• Educational Objective changes
28-1900Application for Vocational Rehabilitation for Claimants with Service-Connected Disabilities• Chapter 31
• Collected benefits before (submit every semester)

If you are using Tuition Assistance, we need your Tuition Assistance Authorization Form. For more detailed instructions, please visit our Tuition Assistance section.

Regardless of the type of VA education benefits you are using, we need all VA students to complete and submit our VA Student’s Bill of Rights, a one-time submission.

Official Transcripts – You must submit all transcripts of military service credit to:

  • Army
    The Army uses the AARTS system (New JST Joint Services Transcripts), which automatically captures your academic credits from military training, and standardized tests.
    AARTS (JST) Home Page
  • Navy and Marines
    The Navy and Marine Corps use the SMART system (New JST Joint Services Transcripts). This system automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores.
    SMART (JST) Home Page
  • Air Force
    The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) automatically captures your training, experience and standardized test scores.
    CCAF web site
  • Coast Guard
    The Coast Guard Institute (CGI) requires each service member to submit documentation of all training (except correspondence course records), along with an enrollment form, to receive a transcript.
    USCG Transcript Request
  • Veterans
    You will need to provide your Discharge Documents to receive credit or your experience.


With gratitude and respect to the men and women who serve our nation, if you are serving in the US Armed Forces (Active Duty, Reserves, or National Guard) or a veteran of the US Armed Forces (with other than dishonorable discharge) your Academy of Art University application fee will be waived.


Phone: 1-800-544-ARTS (2787)

To Apply to Academy of Art University

  • Apply
  • Call 1-800-544-ARTS (2787)


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.

Academy of Art University Search Search Search Previous Next Previous Next Next Next Chat Quote Facebook Google Plus Instagram Pinterest Twitter YouTube LinkedIn TikTok WeHeartIt Download App Close