Submissions for the MFA/MA Spring Scholarship are now closed. Selected award recipients will be notified via email or phone.
A limited number of MFA/MA Spring Scholarships, ranging up to $2,000 each, are available based on the strength of the student’s application.
- The amount of each scholarship awarded is determined by the selection committee based on a short essay submission.
- Recipients are responsible for application and registration fees. Any additional costs and fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- Scholarships are for the recipient only, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferable to any other person or semester. Specifically, 2019 MFA/MA Spring Scholarships can only be applied to Summer 2019 semester tuition.
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- Essay submission deadline is January 20, 2019.
- Students must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program.
- Applicants must submit all applications materials, including those listed in portfolio guidelines. Contact your admission representatives for more information.
- Applicants must be new, first-time enrolled graduate students beginning in the Spring 2019 term.
- Applicants must be graduate degree-seeking (MA, MFA, MArch, MAT). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Student must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Students who for any reason are unable to maintain the requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future scholarships under this program.
- The student (online, on-site, and hybrid) must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the published Spring 2019 semester start date, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed.
- The student must also be enrolled in at least 6 units by the published Summer 2019 semester registration deadline to be awarded the scholarship.
All submissions are subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University. To apply, visit our online Admissions Application.