Submissions for the Spring Forward Scholarship are now closed. Selected award recipients will be notified via email or phone.
Academy of Art University is pleased to announce the 2019 Spring Forward Scholarship – a limited number of awards worth up to $2,000 each to assist aspiring artists and designers. Working adults seeking a career upgrade, and current college students looking to transfer should take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity.
- A limited number of tuition grants, ranging up to $2,000, are available to be applied to the recipient’s semester tuition costs.
- The amount of each Scholarship awarded is determined by the selection committee based on a short essay and portfolio submission.
- Recipients are responsible for application and registration fees. Any additional costs and fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- Scholarships are for the recipient only, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferable to any other person or semester. Specifically, 2019 Spring Forward Scholarships can only be applied to Summer 2019 semester tuition.
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- Essay and Portfolio submission deadline is January 20, 2019.
- Students must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program.
- Applicants must be new, first-time enrolled undergraduate students beginning in the Spring 2019 term. Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience participants are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be undergraduate, degree-seeking student (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this Scholarship.
- Student must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen (see full terms below).
- Students who for any reason are unable to maintain the requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future Scholarships under this program.
- The student (online, on-site, and hybrid) must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the published Spring 2019 semester start date, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed.
- The student must also be enrolled in at least 6 units by the published Summer 2019 semester registration deadline to be awarded the scholarship.
All submissions are subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University. To apply, visit our online Admissions Application.
- Our School Code is: 007531.
- 2019 Spring Forward Scholarship applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for Federal Financial Aid.
- Spring 2019 semester dates: February 4 – May 25.
- Summer 2019 semester dates: June 24 – August 14.
- Contact: Admissions Representative at 800-544-2787, 415-274-2200, or email the Admissions office.