Submissions for the 2018 Spring Forward Scholarship are now closed. Selected award recipients will be notified via email, and will have 2 days to reply and accept the award.
- A limited number of tuition grants, ranging up to $2,000, are available to be applied to the recipient’s Summer semester educational costs. In other words, 2018 Spring Forward Scholarship awards will be applied toward the recipient’s Summer semester costs
- The amount of each Scholarship awarded is determined by the selection committee based on a short essay submission
- Recipients are responsible for application and registration fees. Any additional costs and fees are the recipient’s responsibility
- Scholarships are for the recipient only, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferrable to any other person or semester. Specifically, 2018 Spring Forward Scholarships can only be applied to Summer 2018 semester tuition
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be new, first-time enrolled undergraduate students beginning in the Spring 2018 term. Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience participants are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be undergraduate, degree-seeking student (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this Scholarship
- Student must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Student must successfully complete required number of courses each semester. Online students must complete a minimum of 6 units, while on-site and hybrid students must complete a minimum of 9 units
- Submission deadline and student registration is January 21, 2018. (Spring classes start on Feb 5.)
- Applicants must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program
- Students who for any reason are unable to maintain the strict requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future Scholarships under this program
- Minimum eligibility requirements for the 2018 Spring Forward Scholarship include:
- The online student must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes for Spring 2018 semester (6 units) by Saturday, February 17, 2018, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed
- The on-site and hybrid student must still be enrolled in at least 3 classes for Spring 2018 semester (9 units) by Saturday, February 17, 2018, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 9 units completed
- The student must be enrolled in at least 6 units for Summer 2018 semester by our published Summer 2018 semester registration deadline
All submissions are subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University.
- 2018 Spring Forward Scholarship applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for Federal Financial Aid.
- Our School Code is: 007531
- Spring 2018 semester dates: February 5 – May 26
- Summer 2018 semester dates: June 25, 2018 – August 15
- Contact: Admissions Representative at 800-544-2787, 415-274-2200, or email the Admissions office