1. I, , acknowledge that this Academy of Art University sponsored activity/event entails knowing and unanticipated risks, which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: physical injury, loss of time at school/work, death, or the negligence of other participants, visitors, or other persons who may be present, or my own negligence. Furthermore, Academy employees have difficult jobs to perform. They may give inadequate warning or instructions, and equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept all of the risks associated with this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I acknowledge, agree and represent that I understand the nature of said activities and that I am qualified, in good health and have no medical condition preventing my safe participation in any sport activity, program or game. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe the conditions to be unsafe for participation, I will immediately discontinue further participation in said activity.
4. I hereby voluntarily WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, and agree to INDEMNIFY and hold HARMLESS Academy from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with the participation in this activity or my use of Academy's equipment or facilities, including any such Claims which allege any negligent acts or omissions of Academy, except Academy's sole negligence or willful misconduct.
5. Should Academy be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. If I have insurance, I have read and understood my policy and am aware of the extent of its coverage for injuries and damage that may be sustained while participating in this activity/event. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume - and bear the costs of - all risks that may arise, directly or indirectly, out of any such condition.
7. I hereby grant full permission to Academy, to use any photographs, images, videotapes, motion pictures, recording, or any other record of the activities or event for any lawful purpose and I understand that I shall not be entitled to any compensation therefore. All photographs, media, resumes, or other submissions taken by or given to the Academy shall be the property of the Academy.
8.I consent to emergency medical treatment in the event such care is required and release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Academy and its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, emergency care providers, successors and assigns, coaches, teachers, and trustees of and from any and all claims, demands, causes of actions, expenses, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, arising from such emergency medical care or treatment.
9. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Academy on the basis of any claim on which I have released them herein.