Academy of Art University attracts art and design students from all over the globe. That’s why we designed our English for Art Purposes (EAP) Program, which empowers international students to develop the English, cultural, and independent learning skills necessary for success in their Academy of Art University classes.
English for Art Purposes (EAP/ESL)
The EAP program at Academy of Art University has been a leader in the field of content-based language teaching for over 25 years. Nationally, the Academy was among the first universities to integrate major-specific language support into English language teaching. The EAP curriculum is authored by our own faculty and tailored specifically to align with the students’ specific art and design majors at the school.
What you can expect from the EAP program
- Immediately enroll in art and design classes in your major
- Dedicated language specialists who attend your art and design classes with you to help improve your English skills
- Learn to master appropriate, major-specific art and design vocabulary
- Increased confidence in your ability to communicate your ideas in English
- Advanced skills to deliver professional presentations and critiques in art and design
- You’ll come to be better understand cultural differences in the American classroom and develop independent learning skills
“My EAP teacher is a professional instructor. He provides helpful feedback on time. He understands the need for an ESL student.”
The teacher’s energy is something I’ve never experienced from a professor before, he truly loves what he does and it shows. He is extremely helpful and cares about his students in every way possible.”
We pay special attention to the success of our international students, to ensure you have the support you need from the application process through graduation.