Academy of Art University is pleased to announce the 2022 Emerging Artist Scholarship, which offers a limited number of awards worth up to $3,000 each to assist aspiring artists and designers for Summer and Fall semesters. High school students, working adults seeking a career upgrade, and current college students looking to transfer should take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity.
Emerging Artist Scholarship
- Current students at Academy of Art University, please review your scholarship opportunities today here.
- The Emerging Artist Scholarship will be open from November 8, 2021 to August 15, 2022.
- A limited number of scholarship awards are available (up to $3,000). These funds can only be used to help pay for the recipient’s educational costs during their second full semester.
- A selection committee will determine the amount of each scholarship awarded based on a short essay and artwork submission.
- Recipients are responsible for the application and registration fees and any additional costs and course fees
- Scholarships are for the recipient only, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferable to any other person or semester.
Complete Eligibility Requirements
- The monthly submission deadlines for the essay and artwork will be 11:59 PM on the 15th of each month until funds are no longer available.
- Recipients must apply and meet all eligibility requirements by the dates defined within the program.
- Recipients must be a first-time enrolled undergraduate student at the Academy of Art University beginning in the Summer or Fall 2022 semester. Final deadline for Summer 2022 students is June 15, 2022. Previous Academy of Art University Pre-College Art Experience (PCAE) participants are encouraged to apply.
- Recipients must be undergraduate, degree-seeking students (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Recipients who, for any reason, are unable to maintain the requirements of this program are no longer eligible for future scholarships under this program.
- The recipient must be an applicant or registered student for Summer or Fall 2022 at the monthly scholarship deadline to be eligible for that particular award amount. If the recipient is not an applicant or registered student by the aforementioned deadline then their submission will be rolled over to the following month until the scholarship award period is completed or the Emerging Artist Scholarship is out of funds (whichever comes first).
- If a recipient cancels his or her application or registration, then their award amount will be relinquished and reallocated to other eligible recipients.
- The recipient (online, on-site, and hybrid) must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the published semester start date, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed.
- The recipient must also be enrolled in at least 2 classes (6 units) by the subsequent semester registration deadline to be awarded the scholarship.
Essay & Artwork Submission Details
- How will an education at Academy of Art University help you fulfill your dreams? (Maximum of 2000 words)
- Please submit up to – but not more than 3 of your best pieces of work: sketches, design, drawings, photos, film reels, etc. in digital format only. Any and all physical work/samples will not be accepted.
All submissions are subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University. To apply, visit our online Admissions Application.